1950s Hairstyles for Short Hair

Posted on

Hairstyles of the 1950 years for women congratulated the new fashion look set on 1947 with hair that was shorter, looser and less work than the previous decades of waves, pin curls, and victory rolls. Women still meet with the beauty salons for the weekly style, but now the very popular short 50s hairstyles have been quicker to cut and style giving many women the choice of a homemade beauty routine. Shorter hairstyles needed a more frequent cut so in the end women spent as much time in the room as they did in 1940.

1950 women’s hair came in short, medium and long styles, combining the wearer’s personality. Abbreviated to the typical lover, medium to Young, long to Hollywood Pinups. Each cut was as unique as the woman, shaping her face and giving her a style that only belonged to her. While we explored the most common hairstyles of the 1950 decade below and offer some suggestions on achieving these same looks today, note most of the 50 hairstyles started with a very specific haircut and flat for the pinned hair Curly in exactly the same way, every day. Our modern haircuts with layers, texturing, waves and natural curls can get in the way of achieving the same results. The hair inspired by the decade of 1950 can be achieved with practice, some good tools and maybe a classic haircut to work.

 

1950 Hairstyles for short Hair

The shorts were in! Women cut the length of the shoulders and long locks in the 50 years in favor of the new short Bob. It was a phenomenon similar to that which occurred in the decade of 1920 when the women passed from the long Victorian hairstyle to the juvenile flap bobs. In the 1950 decade were the full swing skirts, protruding breasts and a small waist that needed short hairstyles to balance the heavy fashions of the background. Some 1950 hairstyles were as short as Bob Fin, but the 50-year-old Bob was fuller and more dramatic as the little hats sat on a woman’s head. In fact, with larger but shorter hair, the use of the hat was in sharp decline. By the end of the decade, only 25% of women wore daily hats, the other 75% preferred a new style bouffant.

great 1950s hairstyles for short hair of all time
great 1950s hairstyles for short hair of all time
elegant 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
elegant 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
unique 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
unique 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
best of 1950s hairstyles for short hair of all time
best of 1950s hairstyles for short hair of all time
luxury 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
luxury 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
fresh 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
fresh 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
best of 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year
best of 1950s hairstyles for short hair in this year

 

Tips for Styling 1950s Hairstyles:

  1. Get a good book on how to fix hair Curl. PIN curls are essential for creating vintage hairstyles. For video Tutorials Watch Cherrydollface
  2. A hairstyle lotion such as burlap body, hairspray, rat tail comb, Bobby pins/alligator clips and an ointment for domesticated frizz are basic tools
  3. Vintage Photo Studio of the style you want-is it realistic for your hair type?
  4. For accuracy, avoid “Pinup ” hairstyling tutorials. They are usually a combination of 40s and 50s style, not genuine 50s hairstyles.
  5. Did you cut your hair? Most Vintage styles use shoulder length or short hairstyles. Long hair is harder to comb.
  6. Once I cut my thick long hair my world was open for many more looks!
    Add hair accessories such as a headband, flower, clip or scarf. Consider a wig or a hairpiece.

This concludes our look for women 1950 hairstyles. What hairstyle is your favorite?